Last updated April 24, 2022
World Angling League website and World Angling League mobile App.
World Angling League is committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you the most powerful and safe online experience. This Statement of Privacy applies to the World Angling League website site and World Angling League App and governs data collection and usage. By using the World Angling League site and app, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
Collection of your Personal Information
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
This information is used by World Angling League website and app for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the World Angling League site and app.
Information Collected while Using the Application
World Angling League app collects personally identifiable information when you register and maintain your profile, such as:
- Email address,
- First name,
- Last name,
World Angling League app also collects optional anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as:
- Favourite fish species,
- Favourite lakes.
- Pictures and other information from your Device’s camera and photo library of fish catches that you may decide to enter within a catch return.
Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through World Angling League app or website, this information may be collected and used by others.
World Angling League encourages you to review the privacy statements of Web sites you choose to link to from World Angling League so that you can understand how those Web sites collect, use and share your information. World Angling League is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on Web sites or social media sites outside of the World Angling League web site and World Angling League app.
Use of your Personal Information
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes
- World Angling League collects and uses your personal information to operate the World Angling League Web site and World Angling League App and deliver the services you have requested.
- World Angling League App will use fish catch return information entered by a user such as User name, User Avatar, fish catch location, Country location, Region location, fish species, fish species weight, catch date, etc to display such information (not limited to) in our league tables, top anglers lists, trophy lists, dashboard lists on both our World Angling League Website, our World Angling League App, and to our Facebook Page and Facebook Group. Other users may also share this viewable data to social media sites and various other outlets.
- World Angling League does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties.
- World Angling League does not collect, use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, or political affiliations.
- World Angling League app provides the functionality to delete individual (or all) fish catch returns entered by a user. We also provide the ability for a user to delete their account – which permanently deletes the users identifiable data such as First Name, Last Name, Email Address, as well as all associated fish catch returns/fish favourites and lake favourites from our databases.
- World Angling League website keeps track of the Web pages our customers visit within World Angling League website, in order to determine what World Angling League services are the most popular.
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- To contact You: To contact You by email or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application's push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
- World Angling League Web site and app will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on World Angling League or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of World Angling League; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of World Angling League, or the public.
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, to contact You.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
- With other users: When You share personal information or otherwise interact in the Website or App public areas, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside of World Angling League Web and App. World Angling League App will use fish catch return information entered by a user - such as User name, User Avatar, fish catch location, Country location, Region location, fish species, fish species weight, catch date, etc to display such information (not limited to) in our league tables, top anglers lists, trophy lists, dashboard lists on both our World Angling League Website, our World Angling League App, and to our Facebook Page and Facebook Group. Other users may also share this viewable data to social media sites and various other outlets.
- With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with Your consent.
Retention of Your Personal Data
World Angling League will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the World Angling League operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers/servers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Information Collected from Children Under the Age of 13
World Angling League may collect and store persistent identifiers such as cookies or IP addresses from Children without parental consent for the purpose of supporting the internal operation of the Service.
We may collect and store other personal information about children if this information is submitted by a child with prior parent consent or by the parent or guardian of the child.
World Angling League may collect and store the following types of personal information about a child when submitted by a child with prior parental consent or by the parent or guardian of the child:
- First and last name
- Email address
As optional data collected a user may provide the following
- Country and Region
- Favourite fish species,
- Favourite lakes.
- We also collect Pictures and other information from your Device’s camera and photo library of fish catches that you may decide to enter within a catch return.
A parent who has already given the Company permission to collect and use his child personal information can, at any time:
- Review, correct or delete the child's personal information
- Discontinue further collection or use of the child's personal information
The World Angling League Web site use "cookies" to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize World Angling League pages, or register with World Angling League site or services, a cookie helps World Angling League to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same World Angling League Web site, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the World Angling League features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the World Angling League services or Web sites you visit.
Security of your Personal Information
World Angling League website and app secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. World Angling League secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
Changes to this Statement
World Angling League will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. World Angling League encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how World Angling League is protecting your information.
World Angling League welcomes your comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that World Angling League has not adhered to this Statement, please contact World Angling League at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.